mercredi 7 octobre 2009

Hear from the walker: Elodie

Is it your first time doing the Oxfam Trailwalker Hong Kong?
Actually it is the first time I am doing anything like that. I never thought of myself as the sportive kind, even if I have always been quite competitive.

Why do you do the Oxfam Trailwalker?
Sometime I ask myself the same question, especially after a long and difficult training… To be honest, my first reason is for the challenge

What is your role in the Sport and Glamour team?
I am the “photographer”; I love to take pictures along the way. They make great memory and I am sure we will be so glad to have them in the future looking back.

Any memories so far?
During one training we took a shortcut by error. We were supposed to pass next to a reservoir but we could not see any water; so after a while we stopped a group of Australian guys and asked if they have seen the reservoir. We then realized we had been walking the wrong path and had to go back on our steps, adding one hour to an already long walk. The following day looking at the Oxfam website we found a post about the specific shortcut we took with the following comment: “Team taking the shortcut will be immediately disqualified”. Good thing it was not the actual race day…

What is your glamour symbol?
I love nice underwear. It’s not what you see, it’s what you don’t see :)

What is your sport attribute?
My back-pack! It took me a while to find the perfect one: light, with easy access for water-bag, pockets on the side for the energy food and my camera so I can access it while I am walking, a place to carry my 2 canes and enough space inside for changing clothes…

What is your favorite hike in Hong Kong?
Definitely the Dragon's Back. It is fairly easy but the reward is high: fantastic view and the Shek-O Thai restaurant and beach at the end of the walk.

What is your next challenge?
I would love to do a Trailwalker abroad. There is 13 Trailwalker across the World as of now: http://www.oxfam.org/en/getinvolved/trailwalker

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire