samedi 3 octobre 2009

Hear from the walker: Chloe

Is it your first time doing the Oxfam Trailwalker Hong Kong?
Very first time indeed, and I have to admit, my first sport competition, my first involvement in any kind of event like that! I have never been a sportive woman, always preferring partying than practising sport with my friends, but the challenge was so tempting when the idea came out...

Why do you do the Oxfam Trailwalker?
The idea really came out from friendship and appeal of personnal and team achievement... Since we brought up the team and started the training, I found many other reasons in participating to the trailwalker: of course the charity case, but also the discover of HK incredible Country Side, I even happen to realise that I love hiking! But the main reason deep inside is still the team spirit and it could never be the same without Lorene, Elodie and Joan.

What is your role in the Sport and Glamour team?
I am the Team Leader, ie I am the main contact between the Oxfam organisation and the team. I am here to make sure everyone gets the updated info on the race, and that Oxfam gets the right info on us! I will also be the one collecting the total sponsorship and send it to Oxfam in December... But, as Lorene said, it's a team work, and we are really working together to collect the sponsorship, organise and coordinate the support team (to bring us dry clothes and food at strategic points during the race) and work out the training schedule.

Any memories so far?
Already plenty of memories!!
My body would definitely remember the Sunday hikes right after partying (vodka or sport, one should make a choice!), the climbs under the 'very hot weather' signal, and the Thursday mornings at work after the Twins night (every Wednesday night, we walk the Twins, a hike with a hell stair of more than 1OOO steps !)
But what I will bring with me after the event is the kindness, patience and support from friends, family and other Oxfam participants.

What is your glamour symbol?
I love cloth and designer brand... What do you mean it is related to my first name?

What is your sport attribute?
I bought a camel bag with a double pouch, one for energy drink and the other for plain water. A small button allows me to control how I want to mix my drink (you know I love cocktails). I find it very useful as I don't like the taste of energy drink and mixing it with plain water is the real solution!

What is your favorite hike in Hong Kong?
My favourite hike would most probably and without originality be the one to go to Tai Long Wan. This White sand beach in the New Territories is a real piece of paradise where it is possible to rent camping material and spend the night.

What is your next challenge?
The 50K HK Trail? A marathon?
don't know yet, and please don't ask on Nov22nd... my answer would be to sleep on Sunday morning!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire